Sep 12, 2012

Be With the One You Love

I'm traveling! Again!  Oh, how I love airports. (<-may read facetious but totally sincere)

I was invited to speak at a conference in SFO this month.  The conference ends on Friday so, since I'll be on the West coast already, I'm hopping a jetliner to PDX to visit my kid sister and her posse.  Giddy doesn't begin to describe me!

My SIL and BIL are on vacation at the same time, which means My Beloved and I are on cat-sitting duty.  They live quite far away, however, so cat-sitting include overnight stays.  It just worked out that between my trip out West and My Beloved's o/n stay with the cats that there will be 6 nights and 7 days when we are apart.

This may be a new record for us.

We fell in love long distance which stoked a craving for each other's company that borders on the unhealthy.  Since we have been married, we have tried to stick to a 2-night rule, meaning we're never apart more than 2 consecutive nights.  Sometimes that turns into 3 or even 4, but this is definitely on the outside of comfortable longing.

My Beloved adores his sister and her cats, and I, of course, bleed for my family, too.  We got the "love the one you're with" part down fine.  It's this "be with the one you love" part that we will struggle with this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment